A ParkRx program for Bonner County youth
#OUTSIDE7B began in the fall of 2016 to meet the demands of our youth portion of the Bonner County ParkRx project developed by Kaniksu Land Trust in partnership with the City of Sandpoint Parks and Recreation department.
Our first Winter Break project in partnership with Schweitzer Mountain Resort, Kaniksu Health Services, Sandpoint Parks and Recreation and Kaniksu Land Trust will launch January 2017 for a limited number of youth.
- Outside7B pilot dates will be January 4th, 5th, and 7th
- Doctors will prescribe either Intro to Snowshoe or the Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Parks & Recreation will register each participant and will send the information to Schweitzer Mountain Resort 24 hours in advance of program date
- Each program must have a minimum of 5 participants registered 24 hours in advance or program will be canceled
- Each participant will receive, necessary winter clothing, a beverage and a sack lunch provided by KLT
- All participants will meet the 11:00 am bus on their designated date.
- Each participant will receive their bus pass upon arriving at the bus
- All participants will check in at the Activity Center
- There will be at least one KLT staff or volunteer present on the bus
- All OUTSIDE7B participants will arrive together and leave together
- Jason will send a copy of the registration forms and liability release forms to Dani before start time
- After the pilot has ended all participating partners will assess moving forward with the program moving to weekends only
- Lead adult for OUTSIDE 7B winter Pilot is Erin Busby 208.304.7740
- Lead for registration: Sandpoint parks & Rec Jason Wiley 208.263.3613